How to Implement What You Read with Jeff BrownJul 27, 2021
July 27, 2021 by Kelly
Did you know that regular intentional reading can boost your business and personal development?
Regular intentional reading can be the thing that sets you apart from your colleagues and paving the way for opportunities in both your personal and professional life. Don't believe me? Listen to what our guest has to say about his own experience with it.
I know at the end of last year, I told myself that this year I was going to read more books. However, just like many other people who make New Year's resolutions, sticking to such declarations isn't the easy part. So then how do we add intentional reading as a new habit in our daily routine? In today's episode, our guest will share how he blocks out time in his calendar to read, because as Michael Hyatt says, if it's not scheduled, it won't get done.
Jeff Brown is an award-winning radio producer and personality and a former nationally syndicated morning show host. After more than 25 years in the radio and music industries, Jeff went boss-free and launched the Read to Lead podcast, a four-time Best Business Podcast nominee. Jeff has interviewed hundreds of leaders in their industry on the podcast, including Seth Godin, Simon Sinek, John Maxwell, Liz Wiseman, Dr. Henry Cloud, Brian Tracy, Nancy Duarte, and Alan Alda. He lives in Spring Hill, Tennessee.
So as you can see, he knows his stuff! In this episode, we discuss how he went from not liking to read as a young adult to getting into in his 30s and how through trial and error, he came up with 4 steps that will help you to start a consistent reading habit. Additionally, he shares with us that while knowledge is great, knowledge put into action is real power and so he explains how to implement and retain what we read.
This episode is jam-packed full of great ideas, so let's get to it!
Here is a highlight from the podcast episode :)
Learn How You Can Implement What You Read...
- [04:54] Jeff shares his journey from being downsized to running a podcast 1 month later and how he regained his love of reading
- [08:37] How his habit of regular intentional reading opened the doors for him at work
- [11:42] 4 steps to start a consistent reading habit
- [15:04] The classical music app he uses when reading books - for all you classical music lovers out there :)
- [18:57] 4 ways to implement what you read and how to retain that knowledge
- [26:38] How he got powerful names to agree to be interviewed for his podcast when he just started out and what NOT to do
- [33:27] What you will get out of reading his book - Read to Lead coming out August 31st!
Rate, Review & Subscribe
"Each episode I’ve listened to has been faith building, encouraging and applicable! These are not fluffy episodes, but get right to the meat."
If this sounds like you, my team and I would really appreciate it if you could leave a review, as it helps other people like you find this awesome podcast!
Also, did you know that you can listen to our podcast on iTunes, Spotify, Podbean, and Stitcher? That means, if you have Alexa from Amazon at home, you can also give the command to play our show, pretty cool, right? Please click HERE to review.
Links mentioned in this episode:
OTHER EPISODES YOU MAY ENJOY: